These potato pancakes get a boost of nutrition from zucchini.
Zucchini and Potato Pancakes
Makes 4 to 6 servings
Write a review
- 2 1/2 pounds russet potatoes, peeled and grated
- 1/2 pound zucchini, grated
- 2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped dill
- In a large bowl, combine grated potato and zucchini; sprinkle with 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, and toss gently. Transfer mixture to a colander, and place colander over bowl. Let mixture drain for 45 minutes, discarding liquid.
- In another large bowl, stir together potato mixture, flour, and egg until well combined.
- In a large skillet, pour oil to a depth of 1/8 inch, and heat over medium heat. Drop potato mixture by 1/4 cupfuls into oil, flattening with a spatula, and cook for 4 to 5 minutes per side or until golden brown and crisp.
- In a small bowl, stir together sour cream, lemon juice, dill, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt; serve with cakes.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/
Get more great recipes by ordering your subscription of Cooking with Paula Deen today!