These Witch Hat Cupcakes make a perfect Halloween party favor to send home with guests after a festive evening.
Witch Hat Cupcakes
Makes 2 dozen
Write a review
- 1 (15.25-ounce) box chocolate cake mix
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1½ tablespoons meringue powder
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- Green gel food coloring
- 24 chocolate-covered mint chocolate cookies*
- 24 Hershey’s Kisses, unwrapped Halloween sprinkles*
- Prepare cake mix as cupcakes according to package directions. Let cool completely.
- In a small bowl, whisk together 2 tablespoons cold water and meringue powder until foamy. Gradually whisk in sugar until smooth. Stir in desired amount of food coloring. Spoon icing into a pastry bag fitted with a medium round tip.
- Pipe a small circle of icing on top of each cookie. Place a chocolate kiss on top of icing to resemble top of witch hat, and place a pumpkin-shaped sprinkle in icing at base of chocolate kiss to resemble a buckle. Let stand for 15 to 20 minutes for icing to set.
- Pipe a small amount of icing in center of each cupcake, and place assembled witch hat on top of cupcake. Let stand for 15 to 20 minutes for icing to set.
- *We used Keebler Grasshopper Mint & Fudge Cookies and Wilton Hallow Pumpkin Mix Sprinkles.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/
Get more great recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!