Who knew you could turn crackers into candy! With this easy White Chocolate Cherry Cranberry Toffee recipe, a savory ingredient becomes sweet, and a little crunch is added on top.
White Chocolate Cherry Cranberry Toffee
Makes 48 pieces
- 48 saltine crackers
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 3 (4-ounce) bars white chocolate, finely chopped
- ¾ cup chopped pecans
- ¼ cup chopped sweetened dried cherries
- ¼ cup chopped sweetened dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 400°. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with foil; spray foil with cooking spray.
- Arrange saltines in an even layer on prepared pan.
- In a medium saucepan, bring butter and brown sugar to a boil over medium-high heat; cook, stirring constantly, for 2 minutes. Remove from heat, and stir in condensed milk. Pour mixture onto crackers.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Sprinkle with white chocolate; let stand until softened, about 2 minutes. Spread softened chocolate onto cracker layer. Sprinkle with pecans, cherries, and cranberries. Let cool completely on a wire rack. Break into cracker-size pieces. Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Get more great recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!