Creamy Blue Cheese-Ranch Dressing and crispy iceberg lettuce combine to make this flavorful and refreshing salad.
Wedge Salad with Blue Cheese-Ranch Dressing
- 1½ cups mayonnaise
- 1 cup whole buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 8 ounces blue cheese crumbles, divided
- ¼ cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- ¼ cup minced fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 2 heads iceberg lettuce, quartered
- 8 slices chopped cooked bacon
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- Garnish: sliced fresh chives, ground black pepper
- In the work bowl of a food processor, pulse together mayonnaise, buttermilk, garlic powder, onion powder, hot sauce, salt, sugar, and pepper until well combined and mixture is slightly thickened. Add half of blue cheese; pulse until cheese is incorporated and mixture is smooth.
- In a medium bowl, stir together mayonnaise mixture, parsley, minced chives, dill, and remaining blue cheese. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or up to 3 days.
- Divide lettuce wedges, bacon, and tomatoes among serving plates; serve with blue cheese dressing. Garnish with sliced chives and pepper, if desired.