Orange juice, fresh fruit, mint leaves, and club soda create a refreshing Watermelon Spritzer.
Makes about 10 servings
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 large orange, juiced
- 8 cups cubed seedless watermelon
- ½ cup fresh mint leaves
- 6 cups cold club soda
- Garnish: orange wedges, fresh mint sprigs
- In a small bowl, stir together sugar and orange juice.
- In the container of a blender, pulse together half of watermelon, half of sugar mixture, and half of mint leaves until smooth. Strain through a fine-mesh sieve into a large pitcher, discarding solids. Repeat process with remaining watermelon, sugar mixture, and mint leaves. Refrigerate until cold.
- Stir in club soda just before serving. Garnish with orange and mint, if desired.
Get more great recipes by ordering your subscription of Cooking with Paula Deen today!