Sugar, fresh lime juice, and fruit blend together to create a cool and creamy Watermelon Sherbet.
Makes about 2 quarts
- 8 cups chopped seedless watermelon
- 1¼ cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- ½ cup water
- 2 (0.25-ounce) envelopes unflavored gelatin
- ¼ cup light corn syrup
- 2 cups cold whole milk
- Garnish: watermelon wedges
- In a large bowl, stir togther watermelon, sugar, and lime juice. Refrigerate until cold, about 30 minutes.
- In a small saucepan, cook ½ cup water and gelatin over low heat, stirring constantly, until dissolved, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Working in batches, pulse watermelon mixture in the container of a blender until smooth. Add corn syrup and gelatin mixture; pulse to combine.
- In a large bowl, stir together milk and watermelon mixture until well combined.
- Pour mixture into the container of an electric ice cream maker, and freeze according to manufacturer’s instructions. Transfer to a 2-quart container, and freeze until very firm, about 4 hours. Serve with watermelon wedges, if desired.
Get more great recipes by ordering your subscription of Cooking with Paula Deen today!