This classic Walnut Orzo Pilaf is an easy and delicious side for your weeknight meals.
Walnut Orzo Pilaf
Makes 4 to 6 servings
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup diced red onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup uncooked orzo pasta
- ½ cup chopped dried cranberries
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- ½ cup chopped toasted walnuts
- ¼ cup chopped green onion
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add onion, thyme, and salt; cook, stirring frequently, until onion is softened, about 3 minutes. Stir in orzo and cranberries; cook for 2 minutes.
- Stir in broth, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and cook until orzo is tender and liquid is absorbed, about 15 minutes. Gently stir in walnuts and green onion. Serve immediately.
Get more great recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!