Vidalia Onion Pie is a favorite Southern recipe with roots in Georgia.
Vidalia Onion Pie
Makes 6 to 8 servings
Write a review
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 cups thinly sliced Vidalia onions
- 1 (9-inch) frozen deep-dish pie shell, baked according to package directions
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- ½ cup whole milk
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat; add onions, and cook, stirring occasionally, for 8 to 10 minutes or until tender. Spoon into prepared pie shell.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, sour cream, milk, ¼ cup cheese, flour, and salt; pour over onion mixture. Sprinkle with remaining ¼ cup cheese and paprika.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until center is set (pie will have the texture of quiche).
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/
Get more great recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!