Vidalia Onion Cheese Dip
Makes about 8 cups
Write a review
- 2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 8 ounces fontina cheese, shredded
- 2 cups finely chopped Vidalia or other sweet onions
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 5 slices bacon, chopped and cooked until crisp
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray a 2-quart baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, stir together cream cheese and next 3 ingredients until well combined. Spoon mixture into prepared pan.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Remove from oven, and sprinkle with bacon.
- Two (10-ounce) bags thawed frozen chopped onions can be substituted for Vidalias or sweet onions. Dry the onions well between paper towels; otherwise, the extra moisture in the onions will make the dip watery.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/