Bell peppers, sweet onion, pimiento-stuffed green olives, black olives, pepperoncini peppers, capers, and provolone cheese make this Veggie Muffuletta Dip a special treat.
Veggie Muffaletta Dip
Makes 10 to 12 servings
Write a review
- 2 large red bell peppers, halved and seeded
- 2 large yellow bell peppers, halved and seeded
- 1 large sweet onion, sliced into 1-inch-thick rings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 ounces provolone cheese, diced
- 1 cup chopped pimiento-stuffed green olives
- ½ cup chopped black olives
- ½ cup chopped pepperoncini peppers
- 3 tablespoons capers
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 450˚. Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Place peppers, skin side up, and onion on prepared pan; drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until peppers are blackened.
- Transfer peppers to a resealable plastic bag, and let stand for 15 minutes. Peel peppers, discarding skins. Chop peppers and onion.
- In a large bowl, stir together peppers, onion, cheese, and all remaining ingredients.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/
Get more great recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!