Whip up a batch of these homemade scones for a Mother’s Day brunch, or package them in cute containers to take to her on her special day. Download the gift tag here.
Vanilla Bean Scones
Makes 1/2 dozen
Write a review
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 vanilla bean, split lengthwise and seeds scraped and reserved
- 5 tablespoons butter, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 (3-ounce) package cream cheese, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2∕3 cup plus 1 tablespoon heavy whipping cream, divided
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons turbinado sugar
- Preheat oven to 400°. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, next 3 ingredients, and reserved vanilla bean seeds. Using a pastry blender, cut in butter and cream cheese until mixture is crumbly.
- In a small bowl, whisk together 2/3 cup cream and egg; gradually stir cream mixture into flour mixture just until moistened. Turn out dough onto a lightly floured surface, and pat into a 6 1/2-inch circle. Transfer circle to prepared pan, and score dough into 6 wedges. Brush dough with remaining 1 tablespoon cream, and sprinkle with turbinado sugar.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until light brown. Remove from pans, and let cool completely on a wire rack.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/