Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
Makes 1 gallon
Write a review
- 2 cups cold heavy whipping cream
- 2 (14-ounce) cans sweetened condensed milk
- 1 quart cold half-and-half
- 2 vanilla beans, split lengthwise and seeds scraped and reserved
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- In the work bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, beat cream at medium-high speed until stiff peaks form. Add condensed milk, and beat for 2 to 3 minutes or until stiff peaks form again. Stir in half-and-half, vanilla bean seeds, and extract.
- Pour mixture into the container of an electric ice cream maker, and freeze according to manufacturer’s instructions. If a firmer texture is desired, spoon ice cream into a freezer-safe container, and freeze for at least 4 hours or for up to 1 month.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/