These crispy, buttery crackers are a great gift for neighbors, teachers, co-workers, and anyone else on your holiday gift list. Package them in recycled jars or small cellophane bags with a cute ribbon.
Truffled Goat Cheese Coins
Makes about 6 dozen
Write a review
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 (4-ounce) packages goat cheese
- 1¾ cups shredded white Cheddar cheese
- 10 tablespoons cold butter, cut into pats
- ¾ teaspoon seasoned salt
- 3 tablespoons half-and-half
- ½ teaspoon truffle oil
- In the work bowl of a food processor, pulse together flour and next 4 ingredients until mixture resembles fine crumbs. Add half-and-half and truffle oil, and process until mixture forms a ball.
- Divide dough in half, and shape each half into a 9-inch log. Wrap each log in plastic wrap, and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or up to overnight.
- Preheat oven to 325º. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Cut logs into 1/4-inch thick slices, and place on prepared pans.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Let cool on pans for 5 minutes. Remove from pans, and let cool completely on wire racks. Store in airtight containers for up to 3 days.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/
Get more great recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!