Perfect for barbecue chicken sandwiches with pineapple and veggies–this Tropical Barbecue Sauce will be a hit at your next cookout.
Tropical Barbecue Sauce
Makes 3 Cups
Write a review
- 3 green onions, roughly chopped
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh ginger
- 2½ cups ketchup
- ½ cup mango juice
- ½ cup pineapple juice
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup molasses
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon powdered mustard
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- In the work bowl of a food processor, pulse together green onion and next 3 ingredients until finely chopped.
- In a medium saucepan, whisk together green onion mixture and all remaining ingredients, and cook over medium heat, whisking occasionally, for 10 minutes. Let cool completely; refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 1 month.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/