Makes 1 (10-inch) cake
Write a review
- 2 cups chocolate graham cracker crumbs
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted and cooled slightly
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 (12-ounce) package semisweet chocolate morsels
- 4 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 (16-ounce) container sour cream
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 (4-ounce) bars dark chocolate, finely chopped
- Garnish: white chocolate curls, fresh raspberries
- Preheat oven to 300°.
- For crust: In a medium bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs and sugar. Add melted butter, stirring to combine. Press mixture into bottom and 2 inches up sides of a 10-inch springform pan.
- Bake for 8 minutes. Let cool completely.
- For batter: In a heavy saucepan, melt butter and chocolate morsels over low heat, stirring often. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese at medium speed with a mixer until creamy. Gradually add sugar, beating well. Add eggs, one at a time, beating just until combined after each addition. Stir in melted chocolate mixture, sour cream, and remaining 3 ingredients. Spoon batter into prepared crust.
- Bake for 1 hour. Turn oven off, and leave cheesecake in oven with door closed for 3 hours. Remove from oven, and let cool completely on a wire rack.
- For topping: In a small saucepan, bring cream to a simmer over medium heat, stirring often. Place chocolate in a medium bowl, and pour hot cream over chocolate. Stir until smooth. Spread over cheesecake. Cover and chill for 8 hours.
- Remove sides of pan, and garnish with white chocolate curls and fresh raspberries, if desired.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/