This pumpkin pie recipe is easy to make and simply delicious.
Traditional Pumpkin Pie
Makes 1 (9-inch) pie
Write a review
- 1/2 (14.1-ounce) package refrigerated pie crust
- 1 (15-ounce) can pumpkin purée
- 3/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 large eggs
- 1 (12-ounce) can evaporated milk
- Garnish: whipped cream, ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375°. Fit pie crust into a 9-inch pie plate according to package directions. Fold edges under, and crimp, if desired. Line pie crust with aluminum foil, and add pie weights. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove crust from oven, and remove foil and pie weights; set crust aside. Increase oven temperature to 425°.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together pumpkin, sugar, cinnamon, ginger, salt, cloves, and allspice. Add eggs, one at a time, whisking until combined after each addition. Whisk in evaporated milk until smooth. Pour into prepared pie crust.
- Bake for 10 minutes; reduce oven temperature to 350°, and bake for
- 45 to 50 minutes longer or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Garnish with whipped cream and cinnamon, if desired.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/
Get more great recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!