This traditional Cornbread Dressing is an essential dish for Southern holiday meals.
Traditional Cornbread Dressing
Makes 8 to 10 servings
- ¼ cup butter
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2½ cups chicken broth
- 1 (10.-ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon poultry seasoning
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 (6-ounce) packages buttermilk cornbread mix, baked according to package directions
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray a 3½-quart baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add onion, celery, and garlic; cook, stirring occasionally, for 8 to 10 minutes or until tender.
- In a large bowl, stir together broth, next 5 ingredients, and cooked vegetables. Crumble cornbread into broth mixture, and stir until well combined. Pour mixture into prepared pan.
- Bake for 45 to 55 minutes or until center is set. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Get more great recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!