Warm up to a hearty bowl of Tortellini Meatball Soup. This recipe is so easy to make, you’ll also have time to bake Cheesy Breadsticks to round out the meal.
Tortellini Meatball Soup
Serves: Makes about 4 quarts
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup diced yellow onion
- 1 (32-ounce) container low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 (28-ounce) can diced tomatoes with basil, garlic, and oregano, undrained
- 1 (15-ounce) can tomato sauce
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (20-ounce) package refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 1 (16-ounce) package frozen beef meatballs, thawed
- Cheesy Breadsticks (recipe follows)
- Garnish: chopped fresh parsley
- In a large Dutch oven, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook, stirring occasionally, until translucent, about 5 minutes. Stir in broth, tomatoes, tomato sauce, cream, salt, and pepper, and bring to a boil. Stir in tortellini and meatballs, reduce heat to medium, and cook until meatballs are cooked through and pasta is tender, about 20 minutes. Serve with Cheesy Breadsticks. Garnish with parsley, if desired.
- 1 (13.8-ounce) can refrigerated pizza crust dough
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- Preheat oven to 400°. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper; spray with cooking spray.
- Unroll pizza dough onto a lightly floured surface. Sprinkle with cheese, and press gently into dough. Cut dough into 1-inch-wide strips, and twist. Place on prepared pan.
- In a small bowl, stir together oil and Italian seasoning; brush onto dough. Refrigerate for 5 minutes.
- Bake until golden brown, 10 to 12 minutes. Serve immediately.