If you like stewed tomatoes and okra, you’ll love this okra soup.
Tomato Okra Soup
Makes 8 1/2 cups
Write a review
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Vidalia onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 (14.5-ounce) cans vegetable broth
- 4 cups chopped fresh tomatoes (about 3 large)
- 2 cups sliced fresh okra
- 1/4 cup sliced fresh basil
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a large saucepan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onion, pepper, celery, and garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally, over medium heat, for 7 minutes . Stir in broth and all remaining ingredients, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/
Get more great recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!