Tomato-Basil Bread Pudding
Makes 8 to 10 servings
Write a review
- 8 large croissants (about 20 ounces), cubed and toasted
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups shredded fontina cheese
- 10 plum tomatoes, thinly sliced and seeded
- 1 (1-ounce) package fresh basil, thinly sliced
- 10 large eggs
- 2½ cups whole milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Spray a 3½-quart baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In prepared pan, place half of croissant cubes. Sprinkle with half of cheeses, and top with half of tomato slices and basil. Repeat layers with remaining croissants, cheese, tomato, and basil.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, and salt until well combined. Slowly pour egg mixture into pan. Gently press down on layers using the back of a wooden spoon until croissants absorb some of egg mixture. Let stand for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until golden brown and center is set. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/