Tex-Mex Mini Quiches
Makes about 3 dozen
Write a review
- 1 (14.1-ounce) package refrigerated pie crusts
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ½ cup minced red bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced green onion
- 1 (8-ounce) package shredded Monterey Jack cheese with peppers
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- On a lightly floured surface, unroll pie crusts, and roll each to a 12-inch circles. Using a 3-inch round cutter, cut 16 rounds from each crust. Press crust rounds into miniature muffin cups.
- In a small skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add bell pepper and green onion; cook, stirring occasionally, for 4 minutes or until tender. Remove from heat, and let cool for 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl, stir together bell pepper mixture, cheese, and cilantro; spoon into prepared crusts.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs and all remaining ingredients; pour over cheese mixture in prepared crusts.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until center of quiches are set. Let cool in pans for 5 minutes before serving.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/