Tex-Mex Beer-Cheese Crab Dip
Makes about 15 servings
Write a review
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup minced onion
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup beer
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (8-ounce) package processed cheese product,* cubed
- 1 pound lump crabmeat, picked free of shells
- 1 (4-ounce) jar diced pimientos, drained
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup minced green onion
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- In a large saucepan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onion, jalapeño, and garlic; cook, stirring frequently, for 3 minutes. Stir in beer, and cook until liquid is reduced by two-thirds. Add cream, cream cheese, and cheese product, and cook, stirring frequently, until melted and smooth.
- Stir in crab and next 5 ingredients, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer, stirring frequently, for 15 minutes. Stir in salt, red pepper, and cumin. Serve warm with tortilla chips.
- *We used Velveeta.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/