Tenderloin Steaks with Red Wine Mushroom Sauce
Makes 8 servings
Write a review
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 (8-ounce) packages sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 shallots, minced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves
- 3 cups dry red wine
- 3 cups beef stock
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (7- to 8-pound) beef tenderloin, trimmed and cut into 1-inch-thick steaks
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- For sauce: In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add mushrooms and next 3 ingredients; cook, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes or until liquid from mushrooms has evaporated.
- Increase heat to high, add wine to pan, and cook, without stirring, until liquid is reduced by half. Add stock, and cook until liquid is reduced by half.
- In a small bowl, whisk together 2 tablespoons water and cornstarch, and stir into sauce. Bring to a boil, and cook until just thickened. Stir in salt and pepper; keep warm.
- Preheat grill to high heat (450° to 500°).
- For steaks: Brush steaks with oil, and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Grill for 2 to 3 minutes per side or until a meat thermometer registers 130° (medium-rare) or to desired degree of doneness. Remove from heat, and let stand for 10 minutes. Serve steaks with sauce.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/