Enjoy this savory Tenderloin Cobb Sandwich with a seasonal side like this tasty Harvest Salad with Sweet Dijon Vinaigrette or Chilled Wild Rice and Pesto Medley.
Tenderloin Cobb Sandwich
Makes 8 to 10 servings
- 1 (3-pound) beef tenderloin, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Avocado-Ranch Sauce (recipe follows)
- 1 (16-ounce) loaf French bread, split in half horizontally
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 2 tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 8 slices bacon, cooked until crisp
- 5 large hard-boiled, peeled, and thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 400°. Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Rub tenderloin with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place on prepared pan, and bake for 30 minutes or until a meat thermometer inserted into thickest portion registers 130°. Let stand for 10 minutes. Cut into thin slices.
- Spread Avocado-Ranch Sauce on cut sides of French bread. Top bottom half of bread with lettuce, tomato, sliced tenderloin, bacon, and egg slices. Cover with top half of bread. Cut into slices to serve.
Kitchen Tip: Sliced roast beef, chicken, or turkey can easily be substituted for the beef tenderloin.
Makes about 2 cups
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled, pitted, and mashed
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon dry ranch dressing mix
- In a small bowl, combine mashed avocados, buttermilk, and ranch dressing mix, stirring to combine. Cover, placing plastic wrap directly on surface of sauce to prevent browning, and chill up to 2 days.
Get more great recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!