Makes 4 to 6 servings
Write a review
- 1 pound ground chuck
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 (15-ounce) can ranch-style beans, drained
- 1 (15-ounce) can enchilada sauce
- 1 (4-ounce) can diced green chiles
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 (7.5-ounce) packages corn muffin mix
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- Toppings: sour cream, diced tomato, pickled jalapeño slices
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- In a large ovenproof skillet, cook ground chuck and onion over medium heat until beef is browned and crumbly; drain well. Stir in beans and next 4 ingredients; bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat, and simmer for 10 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, stir together corn muffin mix and milk just until dry ingredients are moistened. Add cheese, stirring just until combined. Drop muffin mixture by heaping tablespoonfuls over beef mixture.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until cornbread is golden brown and beef mixture is bubbly. Serve with desired toppings.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/