This Taco Soup makes delicious use of pantry staples for a quick and hearty meal.
Makes about 3 quarts
Write a review
- 1 pound ground chuck
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 (15-ounce) cans green enchilada sauce
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 (15.25-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15.25-ounce) can Ranch Style Beans, drained (see note)
- 1 (15.25-ounce) can corn, drained
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can petite diced tomatoes, drained
- 2 (4-ounce) cans chopped green chiles
- 1 (1.25-ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- In a large Dutch oven, cook beef and onion over medium-high heat until beef is browned and crumbly; drain. Stir in enchilada sauce and all remaining ingredients, and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 30 minutes.
- Ranch Style Beans is a brand of seasoned red beans. Chili beans are a good substitute if you can’t find them in your area.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/
Get more great traditional Southern recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!