A savory pie that tastes like a taco is a dream come true in delectable Taco Pie.
Serves: 1 (10-inch) pie
- 1 pound ground beef
- ½ cup red enchilada sauce
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon ground chipotle chile pepper
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (16-ounce) can refried beans
- 1 (4-ounce) can diced green chiles
- 8 (10-inch) flour tortillas
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar-Jack cheese blend, divided
- Pico de gallo, sour cream, sliced avocado, sliced radish, and fresh cilantro, to serve
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a 10-inch ovenproof skillet, cook beef over medium heat until browned and crumbly; drain. Transfer to a large bowl; stir in enchilada sauce, salt, cumin, chipotle chile pepper, chili powder, and black pepper. Wipe skillet clean.
- In a medium bowl, stir together refried beans and green chiles.
- Cut 3 tortillas in half. Line sides of skillet with halved tortillas, rounded edges up. Place 1 tortilla in bottom of skillet. Spoon half of beef mixture onto tortilla, and sprinkle with ½ cup cheese. Top with another tortilla, and spread half of bean mixture on top. Repeat layers once. Top with remaining tortilla, and sprinkle with remaining 1 cup cheese.
- Bake until hot and bubbly, about 20 minutes. Let stand for 10 minutes. Serve with pico de gallo, sour cream, avocado, radish, and cilantro.