Swiss Meringues with White Chocolate Mousse
Makes about 1 dozen
Write a review
- 6 egg whites, at room temperature
- 1 1/3 cups granulated sugar
- 2 drops red food coloring
- 1 (3.3-ounce) box white chocolate instant pudding mix
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1/4 cup confectioners’ sugar
- Garnish: fresh raspberries, fresh mint
- Preheat oven to 225°. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In top of a double boiler, whisk together egg whites and granulated sugar. Cook over simmering water, whisking frequently, for 3 minutes or until sugar is dissolved and egg whites are warm to the touch.
- Pour egg white mixture into the work bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, and beat at high speed for 8 to 10 minutes or until stiff peaks form; stir in food coloring. Spoon or pipe egg white mixture into 3-inch rounds, making sides slightly higher to resemble a bowl.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Turn oven off (do not open oven door), and leave meringues in oven overnight.
- In a large bowl, beat pudding mix and remaining 4 ingredients with a mixer at medium speed until thick and smooth. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour. Spoon pudding mixture into center of meringues. Garnish with raspberries and mint, if desired. Serve immediately.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/