A colorful mixture of cabbage, carrots, bell peppers, onions, and parsley creates a refreshing Sweet and Tangy Marinated Slaw.
Sweet and Tangy Marinated Slaw
Makes about 2½ quarts
- ½ cup distilled white vinegar
- ¼ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 5 cups sliced green cabbage
- 3 cups sliced red cabbage
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 1 cup thinly sliced yellow bell pepper
- 1 cup thinly sliced red bell pepper
- 1 cup chopped green onion
- Garnish: chopped fresh parsley
- In a large bowl, whisk together vinegar, sugar, salt, and pepper; whisk in oil until well combined. Stir in all vegetables until well combined. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes to 1 hour before serving. Garnish with parsley, if desired.
Get more great recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!