These easy grilled chicken kabobs feature a zesty sweet-and-sour sauce.
Sweet and Sour Chicken Kabobs
Makes 8 to 10 servings
- 2½ pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 red bell peppers, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 green bell peppers, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 large red onion, cut into 2-inch pieces
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ⅓ cup honey
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 pineapple, peeled, cored, and cut into 2-inch pieces
- In a large heavy-duty resealable plastic bag, combine chicken and next 10 ingredients; seal bag, tossing gently to coat. Refrigerate for up to 4 hours.
- Spray grill rack with nonflammable cooking spray. Preheat grill to medium-high heat (350° to 400°).
- Remove chicken and vegetables from bag, discarding marinade. Thread chicken, vegetables, and pineapple onto metal skewers. Grill, covered with grill lid, turning occasionally, for 8 to 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender and chicken is done.
If you’d rather use wooden skewers, be sure to soak them in water for at least 30 minutes before threading so they don’t burn on the grill.
Get more great recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!