Enjoy these yummy Sweet Potato Waffles with plenty of orange butter and maple syrup.
Sweet Potato Waffles with Orange Butter
Makes about 12
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup mashed cooked sweet potato
- ½ cup whole milk
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, melted
- 3 large eggs, separated
- Orange Butter (recipe follows)
- Maple syrup
- Preheat waffle iron according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, ginger, and salt. In another large bowl, whisk together sour cream, sweet potato, milk, melted butter, and egg yolks until smooth. Stir sweet potato mixture into flour mixture just until combined.
- In a medium bowl, beat egg whites with a mixer at medium speed until stiff peaks form. Gently fold egg whites into batter just until combined.
- Cook batter by ¼ cupfuls according to manufacturer’s directions until golden brown. Serve with Orange Butter and maple syrup.
Kitchen Tip: Waffle batter can also be cooked as pancakes.
Makes about 1 cup
- ¾ cup confectioners’ sugar
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- ¼ cup mashed cooked sweet potato
- 2 tablespoons orange zest
- In a large bowl, beat all ingredients with a mixer at medium speed until smooth and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Cover and refrigerate for up to 5 days.
Get more great recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!