This flavorful Sweet Potato Toffee Pie is a perfectly sweet treat for any time of the year!
Sweet Potato Toffee Pie
Makes 1 (9-inch) pie
- ½ (14.1-ounce) package refrigerated piecrusts
- 3 cups mashed cooked sweet potatoes
- 2½ cups toffee bits, divided
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted and divided
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, sifted
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Press piecrust into bottom and up sides of a 9-inch pie plate. Fold crust edges under, and crimp as desired.
- In a large bowl, beat sweet potato, 1 cup toffee bits, condensed milk, ¼ cup melted butter, eggs, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt with a mixer at medium speed until combined. Pour filling into prepared crust. Cover loosely with foil.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, stir together brown sugar, flour, remaining 1½ cups toffee bits, and remaining ¼ cup melted butter until well combined. Gently sprinkle onto pie. Bake, uncovered, 20 minutes more. Let cool completely on a wire rack. Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Get more great recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!