This flavorful Sweet Potato Toffee Pie is a perfectly sweet treat for any time of the year!
- ½ (14.1-ounce) package refrigerated piecrusts
- 3 cups mashed cooked sweet potatoes
- 2½ cups toffee bits, divided
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted and divided
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, sifted
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Press piecrust into bottom and up sides of a 9-inch pie plate. Fold crust edges under, and crimp as desired.
- In a large bowl, beat sweet potato, 1 cup toffee bits, condensed milk, ¼ cup melted butter, eggs, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt with a mixer at medium speed until combined. Pour filling into prepared crust. Cover loosely with foil.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, stir together brown sugar, flour, remaining 1½ cups toffee bits, and remaining ¼ cup melted butter until well combined. Gently sprinkle onto pie. Bake, uncovered, 20 minutes more. Let cool completely on a wire rack. Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
If you like this, here’s another Paula Deen Southern Sweet Potato Pie Recipe you might want to try.
Get more great recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!