Southerners love grits every which way, and these Sweet Potato Grits are a great side dish to pork tenderloin and green beans.
Sweet Potato Grits
Makes 8 servings
Write a review
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ¼ cup finely chopped sweet onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 6 cups chicken broth
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1½ cups stone-ground grits
- 2 cups cooked mashed sweet potato
- 1 cup shredded Gruyère cheese
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- In a Dutch oven, melt butter over medium heat. Add onion and garlic; cook for 5 minutes or until onion has softened. Stir in chicken broth and salt, and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Slowly whisk in grits. Reduce heat to medium, and simmer, uncovered, stirring often, for 30 to 40 minutes until thick and creamy. Remove from heat, and stir in sweet potato, cheese, and cream.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/