Whip up Paula’s cranberry scones for your next fall get-together.
Sweet Potato-Cranberry Scones
Makes 2 dozen
Write a review
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3/4 cup cold unsalted butter, cut into1/2-inch pieces
- 1 1/2 cups mashed cooked sweet potato
- 2/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 cup maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 425°. Line rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour and next 6 ingredients. Using a pastry blender, cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs; cut in sweet potato and cranberries until well combined. In a small bowl, whisk together buttermilk and egg, and gently stir into flour mixture just until combined (dough will be sticky).
- Turn out dough onto a lightly floured surface, and roll to 1/2-inch thickness. Cut dough into 24 wedges, and place on prepared pans.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool on pans for 5 minutes. Transfer to wire racks, and let cool for 30 minutes. In a small bowl, whisk together confectioners’ sugar and maple syrup, and drizzle over scones.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/
Get more great recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!