This Sweet Potato Casserole is a classic side side perfect for the holidays.
Sweet Potato Casserole
- 4½ pounds sweet potatoes (about 6 medium), peeled and diced
- 3½ teaspoons salt, divided
- 1 (7-ounce) jar marshmallow crème
- ¾ cup butter, melted and divided
- 2 large eggs
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¾ cup chopped pecans
- ¼ cup firmly packed brown sugar
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray an 11x7-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large stockpot, place sweet potatoes, and add cold water to cover by 1 inch; stir in
- teaspoons salt. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to medium, and simmer for about 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Drain well.
- In a large bowl, combine potatoes, marshmallow crème, ½ cup melted butter, eggs, and cinnamon. Beat at medium speed with a mixer until smooth. Spoon into prepared baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, stir together pecans, brown sugar, flour, and remaining ½ teaspoon salt. Add remaining ¼ cup melted butter, stirring until combined. Sprinkle mixture over sweet potato mixture.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown and lightly puffed.
Make Ahead Tip: Prepare casserole through step 3 up to 1 day ahead. Cover and chill. Add topping, and let casserole stand at room temperature for 30 minutes before baking.
Click here for 12 more southern casserole recipes from Paula Deen.
Get more great recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!