This Sweet Potato Casserole is a classic side side perfect for the holidays.
Sweet Potato Casserole
Write a review
- 4½ pounds sweet potatoes (about 6 medium), peeled and diced
- 3½ teaspoons salt, divided
- 1 (7-ounce) jar marshmallow crème
- ¾ cup butter, melted and divided
- 2 large eggs
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¾ cup chopped pecans
- ¼ cup firmly packed brown sugar
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray an 11x7-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large stockpot, place sweet potatoes, and add cold water to cover by 1 inch; stir in
- 3 teaspoons salt. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to medium, and simmer for about 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Drain well.
- In a large bowl, combine potatoes, marshmallow crème, ½ cup melted butter, eggs, and cinnamon. Beat at medium speed with a mixer until smooth. Spoon into prepared baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, stir together pecans, brown sugar, flour, and remaining ½ teaspoon salt. Add remaining ¼ cup melted butter, stirring until combined. Sprinkle mixture over sweet potato mixture.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown and lightly puffed.
- Make Ahead Tip: Prepare casserole through step 3 up to 1 day ahead. Cover and chill. Add topping, and let casserole stand at room temperature for 30 minutes before baking.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/
Get more great recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!