This sweet potato bundt cake is layered with cream cheese, bathed in a delectable maple glaze, and sprinkled with candied pecans.
Sweet Potato Bundt Cake with Cream Cheese Swirl and Maple Glaze
Makes 12 to 14 servings
Write a review
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup firmly packed brown sugar
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3½ cups mashed cooked sweet potato
- 1 cup canola oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 6 tablespoons maple syrup
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- Garnish: candied pecans
- Preheat oven to 325°. Spray a 15-cup Bundt pan with nonstick baking spray with flour.
- To prepare swirl: In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese and next 5 ingredients with a mixer on medium speed until smooth; set aside.
- To prepare cake: In a large bowl, whisk together flour and next 7 ingredients. In a medium bowl, whisk together sweet potato and next 3 ingredients. Create a well in center of dry ingredients. Pour sweet potato mixture into flour mixture, stirring until combined.
- Pour half of cake batter into prepared pan. Spoon cream cheese mixture over batter. Pour remaining batter on top of cream cheese mixture. Using a knife, pull blade back and forth through batter and cream cheese layers to create a swirl.
- Bake for 70 to 80 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted near center comes out clean. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes. Invert cake onto a wire rack, and let cool until barely warm.
- To prepare glaze: In a small bowl, whisk together confectioner’s sugar, maple syrup, and melted butter until smooth. Pour glaze over warm cake, and garnish with pecans, if desired. Cover and refrigerate for up 3 days.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/