Enjoy these delicious Sweet Potato Biscuits any time of the year.
Sweet Potato Biscuits
Makes about 18
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1½ teaspoons kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup cold unsalted butter, cut into ½-inch pieces
- 1 cup mashed cooked sweet potato
- ½ cup whole buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 450°. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, brown sugar, baking powder, salt, and baking soda. Using a pastry blender, cut in butter until mixture is crumbly. In a small bowl, whisk together sweet potato and buttermilk. Stir sweet potato mixture into flour mixture just until combined (dough will be sticky).
- Turn out dough onto a lightly floured surface, and knead 5 times. Roll dough to ¾-inch thickness. Using a 2-inch round cutter, cut dough, and place on prepared pan, gently rerolling scraps to use all dough.
- Bake until lightly browned, about 12 minutes. Serve immediately.
Get more great traditional Southern recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!