Enjoy these delicious Sweet Potato Biscuits any time of the year.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1½ teaspoons kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup cold unsalted butter, cut into ½-inch pieces
- 1 cup mashed cooked sweet potato
- ½ cup whole buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 450°. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, brown sugar, baking powder, salt, and baking soda. Using a pastry blender, cut in butter until mixture is crumbly. In a small bowl, whisk together sweet potato and buttermilk. Stir sweet potato mixture into flour mixture just until combined (dough will be sticky).
- Turn out dough onto a lightly floured surface, and knead 5 times. Roll dough to ¾-inch thickness. Using a 2-inch round cutter, cut dough, and place on prepared pan, gently rerolling scraps to use all dough.
- Bake until lightly browned, about 12 minutes. Serve immediately.
If you like this, here’s another Paula Deen Southern Biscuits Recipe you might want to try.
Get more great traditional Southern recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!