Sweet Potato and Apple Casserole
Makes 8 to 10 servings
Write a review
- 7 medium sweet potatoes, peeled, cooked, and mashed (about 7½ cups)
- ½ cup butter, softened and divided
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¾ teaspoon ground cinnamon,
- 4 medium Braeburn apples, cored and diced
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray a 13x9-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine mashed sweet potatoes, ¼ cup butter, next 3 ingredients, and ½ teaspoon cinnamon. Spoon mixture into prepared pan.
- In a large skillet, melt remaining
- ¼ cup butter over medium-high heat. Add apples, and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until tender. Stir in remaining ¼ teaspoon cinnamon. Spoon apples over sweet potato mixture, and top with walnuts.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Let stand
- for 10 minutes before serving.
- This recipe can be assembled and refrigerated up to 1 day in advance. Let it stand at room temperature for 30 minutes before baking as directed.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/