These Sweet Potato and Goat Cheese Bites are savory snacks perfect for holiday entertaining.
Sweet Potato and Goat Cheese Bites
Makes about 20
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into ½-inch-thick pieces
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ¾ teaspoon ground black pepper, divided
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 4 ounces goat cheese, softened
- 6 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- ½ cup chopped pistachios
- ½ cup chopped dried cranberries
- ⅓ cup cane syrup
- ⅛ teaspoon ground allspice
- Preheat oven to 500°. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, toss together sweet potatoes, oil, salt, ¼ teaspoon pepper, and paprika. Spread in an even layer on prepared pan.
- Bake until golden brown, about 20 minutes. Let cool completely.
- In a medium bowl, beat goat cheese and cream with a mixer at medium speed until smooth and creamy. Dollop cheese mixture onto sweet potatoes, and sprinkle with pistachios and cranberries. In a small bowl, stir together cane syrup and allspice; drizzle onto potatoes, and sprinkle with remaining ½ teaspoon pepper. Serve immediately.
Get more great recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!