Simple ingredients and your trusty slow cooker are all you need for these flavorful Sweet and Tangy Party Meatballs.
Sweet and Tangy Party Meatballs
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- ½ pound ground pork
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- ½ cup grated yellow onion
- ⅓ cup panko (Japanese bread crumbs)
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1¼ teaspoons Creole seasoning
- 2 cups barbecue sauce
- 1 cup apricot preserves
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- Spray a 4- to 6-quart slow cooker with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, stir together beef, pork, egg, onion, bread crumbs, Worcestershire, mustard, and Creole seasoning. Shape mixture into 1½-inch balls.
- In a medium bowl, stir together barbecue sauce, preserves, garlic, and ginger. Spread ½ cup mixture in bottom of prepared slow cooker. Add meatballs to slow cooker; pour remaining sauce all over meatballs.
- Cover and cook on high until a meat thermometer inserted in center of meatballs registers 160°, about 4 hours.
Lean ground beef works best in this recipe; ground beef with a higher fat content can cause the finished sauce to be a bit greasy.
Get more great recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!