These Sweet and Smoky Ribs are simply irresistible!
Sweet and Smoky Ribs
Write a review
- 6 tablespoons salt
- 3 tablespoons garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons onion powder
- 3 tablespoons ground cumin
- 3 tablespoons dried oregano
- 3 tablespoons celery seeds
- 3 tablespoons paprika
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons ground black pepper
- 4 racks pork baby-back ribs (about 8 pounds), silver skin removed
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups distilled white vinegar
- Barbecue sauce
- In a small bowl, stir together salt and next 8 ingredients. Reserve ¼ cup salt mixture in another small bowl.
- Rub remaining salt mixture onto both sides of all ribs. Wrap rib racks individually in heavy-duty plastic wrap, and refrigerate for at least 8 hours or up to 24 hours.
- In a small saucepan, bring 2 cups water, vinegar, and reserved salt mixture to a boil over medium-low heat, stirring until salt mixture dissolves. Let cool completely.
- Spray grill rack with nonstick nonflammable cooking spray. Preheat grill for indirect medium-high heat (350° to 400°). Let ribs stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Grill ribs, meat side down, over indirect heat for 1 hour, basting with vinegar sauce every 15 minutes.
- Reposition ribs by moving the slabs closest to the heat away from heat and moving other slabs closer. Grill for 1½ hours more or until meat is tender, turning and basting with vinegar sauce every 15 minutes.
- Let ribs stand for 10 minutes; slice between bones, and serve with barbecue sauce.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/
Get more great recipes by ordering your subscription of Cooking with Paula Deen today!