Baked Acorn Squash is a flavorful side dish to complete any fall meal.
Sweet and Saucy Baked Acorn Squash
makes 8 servings
Write a review
- 2 large acorn squash (about 4 pounds total)
- ⅓ cup butter
- ½ cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ cup coarsely chopped pecans, toasted
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Using the tip of a sharp knife, pierce squash several times on all sides. Place squash directly on middle oven rack, and bake for 40 to 45 minutes or just until tender. Remove from oven, and let stand until cool enough to handle.
- Spray 2 rimmed baking sheets with nonstick cooking spray. Cut each squash in half lengthwise; remove and discard seeds and stringy fiber. Cut each half into 2 wedges, and place on prepared baking sheets.
- In a saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add brown sugar, maple syrup, salt, vanilla, and ginger; cook, stirring constantly, just until sugar dissolves. Remove from heat, and stir in pecans.
- Spoon pecan mixture over squash wedges, and bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until tender.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/
Get more great recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!