Add some chopped sun-dried tomatoes to your pimiento cheese or use as a sandwich and salad topper.
Makes 2 pints
Write a review
- 5 pounds ripe plum tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 pint canning jars, metal lids, and metal bands
- 3 cups olive oil
- Preheat oven to 200°. Line several baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Cut tomatoes lengthwise into ¼-inch-thick slices. Arrange tomato slices in a single layer on prepared pans. Sprinkle with salt.
- Bake until tomatoes are dry and shriveled and no juices remain, about 6 hours. Let cool completely on pans on wire racks.
- Divide tomato slices among sterilized jars. Pour in oil to 1/4-inch headspace. Wipe jar rims with a clean, damp cloth. Cover with lids, and screw on bands to fingertip tightness. Refrigerate for up to 2 weeks.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/