A summer garden’s bounty comes together in this classic Southern Summer Succotash!
Makes 8 to 10 servings
- 3 cups fresh baby lima beans
- 2 cups fresh lady peas
- ¼ cup butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ¾ cup chopped green onion
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 4 cups fresh corn kernels (about 6 ears)
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, quartered
- In a medium saucepan, bring limas, peas, and water to cover to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat, and simmer until tender, 10 to 15 minutes. Drain well.
- In a large skillet, melt butter with olive oil over medium heat. Add green onion and garlic; cook, stirring frequently, for 3 minutes. Stir in limas, peas, corn, cream, thyme, salt, sugar, garlic powder, and pepper; cook, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes. Stir in tomatoes, and cook just until heated through, about 2 minutes. Serve immediately.
Get more great recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!