This zucchini and squash tart is loaded with a creamy, cheesy filling.
Summer Squash Tart with Cornmeal Crust
Makes 1 (11-inch) tart
Write a review
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup self-rising yellow cornmeal mix
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup cold butter, cut into ½-inch pieces
- 2 egg yolks
- 3 to 4 tablespoons ice water
- ¼ cup butter
- 4 cups thinly sliced zucchini (about 3 medium)
- 4 cups thinly sliced yellow squash (about 3 medium)
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 (5-ounce) package shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 (5-ounce) package shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon dried dill
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- For crust: In the work bowl of a food processor, pulse together flour and next 3 ingredients. Add butter; pulse until mixture is crumbly. Add egg yolks; pulse until combined. With processor running, add ice water, 1 tablespoon at a time, just until mixture forms a ball.
- Press dough into bottom and up sides of an 11x8-inch removeable-bottom tart pan. Bake for 15 minutes. Leave oven on.
- For filling: In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add zucchini, squash, and onion; cook, stirring occasionally, for 7 to 8 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Remove vegetables, and let drain on several layers of paper towels for 15 minutes.
- In a large bowl, stir together cheeses and all remaining ingredients. Add vegetables, stirring gently to combine. Spoon filling into prepared crust.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until lightly browned. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes before serving.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/
Get more great recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!