Spring veggies and bacon shine in this delectable pasta dish.
Sugar Snap Pea and Bacon Carbonara
Makes 6 servings
- 1 pound thick-cut bacon, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 bunch fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 cups fresh sugar snap peas
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 1 (16-ounce) package thin spaghetti, cooked according to package directions and ½ cup cooking water reserved
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium-high heat until browned and crisp, 6 to 8 minutes. Remove bacon using a slotted spoon, and let drain on paper towels, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings in skillet. Add garlic, salt, and pepper to drippings; cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Reduce heat to low; add asparagus and peas, and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes. Remove vegetable mixture from skillet.
- In a small bowl, whisk together eggs and cheese. Add cooked pasta and egg mixture to skillet, tossing gently to combine. Add reserved ½ cup pasta water, 1 tablespoon at a time, until a creamy consistency is reached. Add asparagus, peas, and bacon to pasta mixture, tossing to combine. Serve immediately.
Get more great recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!