These Strip Steaks with Balsamic Butter Sauce are simply delicious. Complete the meal by serving each steak with a baked potato and salad.
Strip Steaks with Balsamic Butter Sauce
Makes 6 servings
Write a review
- 1 3/4 cups butter, cut into tablespoons and divided
- 6 strip steaks (about 1/2 pound each)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pepper, divided
- 2/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 400º. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- In a large skillet, melt 2 tablespoons butter over medium-high heat. Sprinkle steaks with salt and 1 teaspoon pepper. Cook steaks in batches for 3 to 5 minutes per side or until browned. Transfer steaks to prepared pan.
- In same skillet, melt 2 tablespoons butter over medium heat. Add onion and garlic, and cook, stirring frequently, for 10 minutes or until onion is soft. Stir in chicken broth and wine, scraping browned bits from bottom of skillet with a wooden spoon; cook for 10 to 15 minutes or until reduced by two-thirds. Stir in vinegar, Worcestershire, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Cook for 5 minutes. Reduce heat to low, and stir in remaining 1 1/2 cups butter until melted and mixture is smooth. Stir in parsley, and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, bake steaks for 5 to 10 minutes or until desired doneness. Let steaks stand for 5 minutes; serve with sauce.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/
Get more great traditional Southern recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!