Cream cheese, buttermilk, and strawberry glaze team up to create a delicious pound cake.
Strawberry Swirl Pound Cake
Makes 1 (10-inch) cake
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ cup plus 2 tablespoons whole buttermilk, divided
- ⅔ cup strawberry glaze*
- 2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- Garnish: fresh strawberries
- Preheat oven to 325°. Spray a 15-cup Bundt pan with baking spray with flour.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat butter, cream cheese, and granulated sugar at medium speed until fluffy, 4 to 5 minutes, stopping to scrape sides of bowl. Add eggs, one at a time, beating just until combined after each addition. Beat in extracts.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour and baking powder. With mixer on low speed, gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture alternately with ½ cup buttermilk, beginning and ending with flour mixture, beating just until combined after each addition.
- Pour one-third of batter into prepared pan. Dollop 8 rounded teaspoonfuls strawberry glaze onto batter, and swirl together with a wooden skewer. Repeat batter and glaze procedure once; top with remaining batter.
- Bake until a wooden pick inserted near center comes out clean, about 70 minutes. Let cool in pan on a wire rack for 15 minutes. Remove from pan, and let cool completely on a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, whisk together confectioners’ sugar and remaining 2 tablespoons buttermilk until smooth; drizzle onto cooled cake. Garnish with strawberries, if desired. Cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days.
*We used Marzetti Glaze for Strawberries.
Get more great recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!