Strawberry Mojito Sorbet
Write a review
- 1 pound fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon rum
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 1 (1-ounce) package fresh mint, chopped
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Garnish: fresh mint sprigs
- In a large bowl, stir together strawberries, sugar, and rum. Let stand, stirring occasionally, for 1 hour.
- To the container of a blender, add strawberry mixture and remaining 3 ingredients; process until smooth. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until cold.
- Transfer strawberry mixture to the container of an electric ice cream maker, and freeze according to manufacturer’s instructions. Sorbet will be soft. If a firmer texture is desired, transfer to an airtight container, and freeze for 2 hours or until firm. Garnish with mint, if desired.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/