Makes about 7 cups
Write a review
- 6 cups water, divided
- 2 1/2 cups chopped fresh strawberries
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 cups fresh lemon juice (about 11 lemons)
- Garnish: fresh lemon slices
- In a large saucepan, bring 3 cups water, strawberries, and sugar to a boil over medium heat, stirring until sugar dissolves. Reduce heat, and simmer for 10 minutes. Set aside, and let cool completely.
- Strain mixture into a pitcher, discarding solids. Stir in lemon juice and remaining 3 cups water. Refrigerate until chilled. Serve over ice, and garnish with lemon, if desired.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/